Sunday, July 20, 2008

Girlscamp

I thought it would be fun to remember stories that happened during the summer.....you know, because it's summer and all. I'm going to share some of my girlscamp experiences. I would love to hear about some of your girlscamp experiences. Please share!

I became better friends with the girls in my ward when I went to girlscamp. Jenny Springman and I have been really good friends for years and girlscamp is where we became friends. We saw eachother in church, but we didn't start talking until girlscamp. My best girlscamp memories came when I was a laurel (after the ward boundaries were changed). Before the ward boundaries were changed, I didn't feel like I had any friends in the ward. People were nice and said "hi", but no one really liked me or wanted to hang out with me. So I had a hard time getting myself to go to any of the activities. I don't remember any of the girlscamp experiences before the ward change. I can't even remember if I went.

The year that I got to go on the fourth year hike was a lot of fun. Janae and I were friends by that time and we had so much fun together. A lot of the girls had a hard time on that hike. We decided to stop and spend the night in a different location. The girls who wanted to hike to our final destination were able to wake up early and finish the hike, before we packed up our stuff and hiked back to girlscamp. I was one of the ones who woke up early and finished the hike. I don't remember the name of where we hiked, but it was a beautiful lake. I wished everybody could have seen it. On thw way back to camp, we ended up losing the trail somehow. We were all following the bishop and I don't know how we got off course. But the bishop had a compus and was able to lead us where we needed to go. Since we were not on the trail anymore, some of the girls were really scared. Some were even crying. I remember helping one girl and offering to carry some of her things. I was having so much fun on that hike and the fact that we got lost made it even more exciting for me! I always love a good adventure! Here are some pictures from that trip.


Angelee, me, and Janae

We are soooo... strong (my niece Hannah would have said that we were "sprong")


One year at girlscamp we had a lot of rain. A lot of tents were flooded. Some wards were so upset by it that they were thinking about going home. Janae was in a different ward than me. Our tent had didn't flood. I invited Janae and some of her friends from the ward to come and sleep in our tent with us. I remember being so excited about how fun girlscamp was that year. I thought it was so fun that we got so much rain that it flooded our tents! I also thought it was so fun to have so many people in one tent! Like I said before, I love a good adventure! A lot of girls were pretty upset. I think a few of them ended up going home. I think there were a few girls that were annoyed with my cheerfulness during a rough time. But I just didn't think it was sad. I thought it was so fun. A really neat think happened at our testimony meeting that year (atleast I think it was that year). We had our testimony meeting scheduled for about a half an hour after dinner. There were a lot of really dark clouds and we knew it was going to rain. We were sure that we would have to cancel our testimony meeting. at dinner one of the leaders had the ideas that we should pray that it won't rain on us so we could still have our meeting. So we prayed and asked for the rain not to interupt our meeting. When we gathered for our testimony meeting, we could hardly beleive it. There were clouds all around us, except right over the top of us. There was a big hole in the clouds right above us. That was definately the work of Heavenly Father. I remember the opening was like a perfect circle above us. That testimony meeting was so wonderful. the spirit was so strong. If anybody else remembers that you will have to let me know.


Here are some more girlscamp pictures


Jenny and I were sooo.... cool!



My sister Kristy


My sister Missy and her friends
Me and AngeleeNow this picture is not taken at girlscamp. This is a picture taken at youth conference. I know I have more pictures from youth conference. I need to find them. I don't don't have very many memories come to my mind when I think about this youth conference. If you have any memories from this, please share.
Jamie, Tami, Melissa, Me

Jenny, Kristy, and Moana

7 comments:

Shannon said...

look how cute you are Jenny! With your fun little memory blog. Unfortunately, I have completely different memories of girls camp, seeing as we were in different wards. Look how young everyone looks! How fun!

Tiffini said...

That's such a good Idea how crazy to see all the pics of younger years. One year I had to wear my big ugly head gear to girls camp how embarrasing!!!

At Last said...

Love love this blog, it is so fun to look back at memories and all that good stuff. I still think it is funny that we didn't become friends until I was a senior!! I remember that youth conference..Janae and Rachel came with us and one memory that sticks out is me and tami doing your hair in ringlet curls for the night we had a dance and it took forever, but you looked smokin hot.

Janae said...

Okay I totally remember that girls camp and youth conference. I don't remember a ton about youth conference except that I sat next to Matt Kelly on the way up and we were talking about shoes. Then I remember staying at the lodge and doing skits. We played ping pong and walked around the outside area. It was so nice of them to let us crash your youth conference.

At Last said...

Oh yeah I remember those skits too. And the ping pong but I don't really remember much more, but it was fun!!

Melissa said...

Fun stuff! It is fun to see the picture of me and my friends at Girls Camp. I loved girls camp with you... althought i think we only got one or two years together. either way, it was a blast! It wasnt so much fun after you left and they started changing all the wards around. Oh well.

Melisa said...

Jenny! I love this blog. I have some pictures somewhere that would totally go along with some of the ones you have! I will have to dig them up somewhere. I remember that testimony meeting. I also remember the tents flooding. So many great memories!

Melisa Roberds Gabrielsen

P.S. My blog is private but e-mail me your e-mail address and I will add you! Good to catch up on your blog:)

melisa_gabrielsen@hotmail.com